If you’re looking for senior living for a loved one, you might be surprised at what’s available. Traditional retirement home providers may have implemented a one-size-fits-all mentality in the past, but thanks to senior transition specialists in Grapevine TX and other parts of the country, there is an emphasis on the importance of personalized care and a well-rounded lifestyle.
Today, there are lots of options, many of which offer luxury amenities and lifestyle services. But how do you find the right place for your loved one? Here are things to consider when finding the best retirement home in Grapevine, TX.
1. Speak to a Family Advisor
Family advisors are experts in senior care and can find senior living communities all over the country. Sometimes this service is free to seniors and their families and it’s a great place to start.
Advisors of trusted senior living communities will even let you know if you are missing out on any benefits, like Veterans Benefits.
2. Identify the Level of Care Needed
3. Set a Price
Retirement homes range in price from affordable to very expensive. Establish a realistic price point for you based on your resources to avoid frustration and disappointment in the future. Take a look at all your options for paying for senior living, including:
- Family contributions
- Life insurance
- Local government programs
- Long-term care insurance
- Pensions, annuities, and other retirement income
- Sale of assets like houses and cars
- Social Security
- Veterans Benefits
- Culture within communities
4. Make a List of Potential Matches in the Target Areas
5. Tour Your Top Picks
6. Make Sure You Ask the Right Questions
Visiting communities or taking a virtual live tour is a great way to get the information you need. During the tour, ask some questions, like:
- Is the neighborhood nice and quiet?
- Is there parking if your family member brings a car?
- How many communities are managed under your brand?
- How are the common spaces in the community?
- Can you imagine your loved one using these common spaces and spending time with their friends and family?
- Is it more common for residents to have private rooms or do they share?
- Does each room have a private, handicapped-accessible bathroom, or is there one shared bathroom?
- How fast do staff members respond to requests?
- Is the community able to cater to specific dietary needs?
7. Choose the Right Retirement Home
Sell Your House for Cash Today
Thinking of selling your Grapevine TX home to a cash home buyer? Consider selling to A-List Homes. We can sell your Grapevine house fast because we’ll take any house in any condition and any situation — whether you are downsizing, facing foreclosure, or just have an extra house to spare.
We don’t need to be pre-qualified by a bank or to get a mortgage loan. Neither do we require you to list your property or prepare it for showings. Just tell us about your home, and we’ll give you a cash offer which you can accept on your own schedule. The money is yours within 14 days.
Call us today at (817) 662-2566, and we’ll see how we can help.